Translate

Jun 19, 2018

Pinball wizard


Jack loved the old arcade by the beach. Over the summer he’d been spending practically all his time there. He loved the old games even though they were pretty basic compared to the modern system he had at home. He was particularly fond of the pinball machines. There was a certain analogue charm to the electromechanical games, a genuine randomness a video game could never match.
As the summer went on he got better and better at the games, beating each machine one at a time, toppling high scores that had stood for years. Soon he was drawing an audience, a small crowd that would gather to watch him play.
One of them, in particular, caught his attention, an older guy who rarely spoke but never seemed particularly happy when Jack would beat one of the games.
Asking around he found no one seemed to know his name but he was known as the pinball wizard and that many of the high scores Jack was toppling were his. It seemed like a pretty lame nickname to him but he didn’t give it much more thought until the day he beat the last machine in the arcade.
As the last digit clicked up he felt an electric shudder surge run through his body and a sudden chill as his clothes and body instantly reshaped themselves. Looking down he saw that he was wearing a bikini top and short shorts. Even more shocking he now had the kind of slim female body that looked like it was made for his new outfit.
He turned around to find himself alone in the arcade with the wizard.
“What, you thought pinball wizard was just a cute nickname?” the older man asked with a smirk “Sorry kiddo, I’m afraid I’m the real deal.”
“You? You did this to me?” Jack asked indicating his perky new breasts “How? Why?”
“Why? Isn’t it obvious?” the wizard replied “You were making look bad "Jacky” I couldn’t have some kid challenge my record so I’ve given you a new body and a new life to go with it. You should be thanking me really.“
"Thank you?!” Jacky squeaked “I’m a chick! Turn me back!”
“No, I don’t think so. Unless you’d rather I turned you into a frog?” the wizard laughed “I didn’t think so. This arcade is only big enough for one pinball king and that’s me. Now, why don’t you run along? a pretty thing like you should be out enjoying herself on a sunny day like today.”
Jacky found herself blinking in the sunshine. She looked around seeing that she was at the far end of the boardwalk by the old arcade. She had a strange feeling like she had just lost something but looking around everything seemed perfectly normal. With a shrug, she dismissed the odd sense of loss and began strolling back toward the top of the boardwalk her mind already on more important things like cute boys and parties never looking back at the old arcade.

2 comments:

  1. Finally read your work as well & and am grateful to have found you both. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, glad you are enjoying my stuff and thanks for taking the time to let me know

    ReplyDelete