Translate

Mar 29, 2018

Delayed Honeymoons are Just as Good (Part 3)


In case you missed it. 
Part 1. https://goo.gl/8gsTnJ
Part 2. https://goo.gl/B4frg2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Hey girls Vicky here. Thought I would update you on how life has been going since the wedding.
It's been about 4 months or so. Mary is starting to sleep though the night most the time now and eating whole lot more. My poor breasts are barely keeping up, but she's healthy. We did have a medical issue a couple months back. She was coughing and gasping while she slept unless someone was holding her. We took her to emergency room first time she started doing it. They recommenced that we monitor her breathing and it might just be something she grows out of in a few months and if it wasn't they would look in to it. So for weeks Alan and I took turns holding her though the night in a rocking chair next to the crib. I have several photos of Alan holding Mary after both of them fell asleep, But Alan asked me not to post them on here and I agreed with his wishes. 
     It was a tiring two months for me. Even when it was Alan's turn to watch Mary I still stayed up most the night worried. She was my daughter I had to worry for her.
     She has since gotten better she stopped gasping for air while she slept about 5 weeks ago and slept quietly though the night. Not to say I still don't check on her every couple nights. Though Alan has made that difficult these next few weeks. He decided I need a break and a honeymoon. You see after the wedding we had planned on going on a road trip. Bring Mary along as we crossed the United states for a week and a half, but the day before we left Alan's old's mobile bit the dust. The spark of mechanical life had left it, and the cost to get it repaired was comparable t getting a new used car. Better yet a new used Mini van. I can't tell you how excited I was when I found that bit of trivia out. Alan argued we only had one kid we wouldn't need all that space. To which I looked him dead in the eye (as I stood on my tip toes I hate how short I got after the spell) and said "We only have one kid for now that won't always be the case now will it." 
He smiled and said. "No I guess it won't be." He picked me up and spun me around in the air. I always get butterflies when he does that and he knows it.
     Now since our honeymoon was cancelled I was resigned to the notion that we wouldn't have one, and I was okay with that. We had each other and that was fine by me. So when Alan told me to load Mary up in the van that his mother invited us over for lunch I found two things suspicious. One I knew he was loading something in the garage for over an hour and no one had called him seeing how his phone was still sitting on the counter where I plugged it in for him. Two Alan's mother hates me. She hated me when I was male and, she hates me now that I'm female. When I was male she said it was because she swore that I was gay and her son shouldn't be seen with people like the old me. When Alan told her the my old self had moved to the UK (The cover story we came up with if anyone asked what happened to me) She told Alan good riddance. I know I was standing next to him at the time. Now that I'm a woman she sees me as the hussy who got knocked up by her son to forcefully tie him down. She told me this during the reception after she had a one to many Gin and tonics. I never had the heart to tell Alan that after all she still is his mother. That all being said and the anger I feel against this woman the only thing she and I have in common is we both adore little Mary, and seeing how she's the only grandparent that Mary has I'm not going to keep her away from her.
     After a 30 minute drive to Alan's mother Lisa house we pulled int o the driveway and stepped out of the car Alan grabbed a large looking diaper bag and the carrier and walked inside. I slowly made my way to the door with next to him eyeing him up suspiciously. I could tell he was holding back excitement by the way he was standing. Trying hard to hold himself together . At the time I had no idea why. 
     Lisa opened the door with a smile and invited us in. After the small talk was over I was told the plan. Alan had been saving up some money so he could go on a cruise back before he met me. He'd never told anyone about it. He deiced that now was a good enough time to use it, but instead of him going on a cruise it would be the two of us going to California for 2 weeks driving out there and back. Lisa had be kind enough to offer to watch Mary for us while we were away. I took Mary out of the carrier and kicked Alan in the shin softly. Telling him he should of at least let me pack myself. After hearing that his told him a woman needs to pack her own thing men have no idea what to pack for a woman. I laughed while holding on to Mary. 
     That was 5 days ago. We made it to the beaches of California in record time. The photo was taken by Alan as I walked to him on the beach. He said I should show off my new figure after I lost all the baby weight. So far I'm loving my honeymoon. I was happy Alan did pack the breast pump so my supply wouldn't take a hit while I was away from Mary I just hope after 2 weeks on a bottle she will want to eat the real thing again. 
     Well girls that's all I've got for now, and Alan is calling me. He wants to go see about renting a sail boat for a day out on the ocean. It's one of they only things he's been able to talk about the entire drive here. That and some bedroom activity, but you girls don't want to hear that now do you. I will talk to you girls later.  - Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment