Translate

Mar 30, 2018

The Best Day of the Year

It was my least favorite time of the year: Valentine's Day. Sorry, not Valentines Day, Galentines day. I hated this day for so many reasons. I just thought that a day of "Ladies Celebrating Ladies" was a lame excuse for girls to get together and talk about how they don't need men. All the events were "No Boys Allowed", which made me even angrier. One day, my friend Charlie and I decided to try and crash the local galentines party that was being held by some of our female friends. We wanted to pull a prank and get one over them. Right when Charlie and I were in position, we were caught. Some of the girls had found us. We thought that they would be annoyed, but it was quite the opposite. They actually invited us in and asked us to celebrate with them. They said that it made them sad to see us with all the anger and hate about this holiday that they all enjoyed so much. So we decided to give it a chance. It felt weird being the only boys at this party filled with girls. There was a photo corner where some girls were taking pictures to commemorate this day. Some of the girls urged Charlie and I to get a picture taken. We reluctantly agreed, and then they moved us to the corner and gave us a border sign to hold up, which said the word "Galentines" on it. They put me on the right and Charlie on the left. I can't believe that they were making us do this, this might be the punishment, forcing us to take this picture. They counted down "3...2...1...Smile!" The camera went off and there was a really bright flash. Something felt off but I couldn't put my finger on it. The girl taking our photo told us that we looked really cute. Well duh we looked cute, Charlotte and I tried to look best for this Galentine's day party. All the girls here for so nice and kind to each other, it really warmed my heart that there was a holiday just so us ladies can celebrate each other without boys to get in our way. Even though, I'm still waiting for that special someone to sweep me off my feet.  If the other girls let me, maybe I'll try to bring some of my guy friends sometime, so maybe they can understand how wonderful this day really is. Until then, it's all about me and my ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment