Translate

Apr 24, 2018

The second great shift



I know what you are going to say, I look like such a happy mother. Well, this we'll be hard to explain, but I am not really a mother, I did give birth to this beautifull baby girl, but she isn't my child.

It happened six months ago. Me and my wife were watching tv, when suddenly everything changed. I still don't know how it happened, but one minute I was sitting on our couch, and the next, I was in a whole different place. And not only that, I could hear someone telling me to push. I saw my round belly, and I could feel some increasing pain. I pushed and pushed, until a baby pushed out of my body. It was the best feeling ever, and probably what made me cope with the changes.

"Congratulations, it is a baby girl" the woman, who I assume is a midwife, said. She taught me how to breast feed, and how to tend over my baby. I didn't tell anyone who I really was. I just pretended to actually be this woman. My husband was the manliest man you could imagine, and I was even a little afraid of him.

Imagine my surprise when I learned that I not only wasn't in a different place, but a different time. 1892, I just don't know how, but I travelled through time. "And if I am here, where's my wife? did she stay in our time, or is she here with me? she could be my baby girl" I whispered.

I might never learn where she is, I might find a way back, or not. But for now, I really feel like I have to care for my babygirl. And worst of all, I think I am pregnant again.

No comments:

Post a Comment